Sunday, September 7, 2008

Wins at the WNC State Fair



What a weekend. I entered 4 quilts in the Western NC Fair. 3 won 1st place ribbons.


The pot holder was paper pieced using my own hand dyed fabrics, designed by Kim Noblin. The design was from http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art4673.asp. I took the 12 inch block and changed it to a 8 inch finished quilt.




The Spring colored Bargello took a 1st for a table runner. It is created from commercial fabrics and comes from a Quilt University class Bargello Seasons with Ruth Blanchet.




















The crowning glory is my landscape which took a 1st place and a Judge's Choice. It was done with my hand dyed cottons, organza, sheer material, Shiva oil paint sticks. This was created using one of my DH, Dan, photos taken on the Blue Ridge Parkway. I created a frame around it to create the illusion of looking out of a window of a log cabin. It was entered in the mixed media category. I learned to create landscapes from another Quilt University class called Miniture Landscapes with Susan Brittingham.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woo-hoo! Congrats! The landscape came out great!

Samantha said...

Congratulations on all of those blue ribbons- your work is wonderful.

María Isabel said...

Beutiful quilts, Im from uruguay and little time made patchwork. excusme for my english, there are not the rules of patchwork for my work,but i made whit love. you went my friends. Visit my blog
greetings from Uruguay.

María Isabel said...

Want to be friend and share ideas