Sunday, September 18, 2011

Quilts for Flood Victims in Owego, NY

I have not posted in over 2 years. Life has gotten in the way. I am posting today because I would like to Call Quilters to ACTION. My hometown of Owego, NY was flooded VERY badly last week. Most of the village was underwater. Areas that never flood, flooded. People have lost everything! The destruction is unbelievable. I am now living in NC but still own property there. I know quilters have huge hearts so I am asking for your help. I am going to coordinate an effort to get quilts to the people of Owego, NY. I ask you to pull out those UFOs or just start quilting. Contact your local quilt guilds to see if they will support us. Post a request to your blog, Facebook or Twitter, even if you don't quilt. People can contact me directly at jan9811quilt@gmail.com. I have a local contact there who will help us distribute quilts. Won't you please help? Any size quilt is welcome.

No comments: